Monday, February 19, 2018

It Takes A Village

"How good and pleasant it is when God's people live together in unity!"
-Psalm 133:1 

     When I started blogging I didn't expect anything to come of it. I started it as a place for me to ramble and rant about life and health and a place to keep more of a journal of events in my life. I had no idea it would snow ball into a place for other people who are just like me to connect and cheer each other on! Before joining the online spoonie community I felt alone and isolated. I had amazing friends but none of them truly understood what it was like living with health issues every day all day. After finding the spoonie community I have been able to establish friendships that reach far beyond those who live near me. I have been able to connect with another girl my age in Las Vegas who also has Mast Cell. I've been able to connect with a delightful pal with a dog Willow who lives in a different state, but has encouraged me to keep fighting more than once. She is also the creator of the amazing card at the top of this post! 
     I have also found hope, encouragement, and answers on facebook support groups. They have been there night and day to help me learn the best way to advocate for myself, answer all of my random questions that doctors struggled to answer, and encourage me when all I wanted to do was give up. They were there. They have gone through what I am going through. They have moved the mountains I am currently trying to climb. They too, have fought with doctors on getting appropriate testing and understanding. 
     I don't know where I would be mentally without these amazing humans who stand (or sit) with me every single day. The spoonie community is a strong one, there is no bond like the friendship between two people who have never met but share the same daily struggles. To all of you spoonies thank you. And to all of you non spoonies, I appreciate your support and encouragement as well. Sometimes it really does take a village! 

With Love, 
Elizabeth <3 

*If you have a moment I highly recommend finding @idleidealsartwork on Instagram! She is so incredibly talented and is doing AMAZING things with her talent all while fighting her own battles. You can request a card for someone you know who is battling a chronic illness or disability on her Instagram page! She also has spoonie stickers available which are just as amazing as her cards! And if you really sweet talk her she might send you a photo of her adorable wittle dog Willow!* 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Choose Happy

“ Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For ...