Friday, February 23, 2018

The Struggles of Being Muggle Sick


"But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds, declares the Lord."
-Jeremiah 30:17

     I was struck with the plague. I should have known it was coming. I took a trip on a flying flu can last weekend. And I should have known that with my iffy immune system I was going to get sick. Even though I wore a mask the entire time I was in the airport and on the plane and I washed and sanitized everything. I still hit the infectious disease jackpot. 
    It started Wednesday night. I was nauseous but I blamed it on my lack of eating healthy food. Then Thursday I started noticing muscle fatigue and just all over fatigue in general. I woke up and went into work because I thought it was just a cold. I could barely swallow because my throat was sore and I had the chills. On Friday, I left early from work. And on my way home (TMI Upcoming) got incredibly sick on the side of the road. I decided not to risk it and went into Urgent Care. Where I was hit with the news I had strep throat/ the Hong Kong flu virus/ and a small UTI. Oh the joys. My fever was also creeping up. 
     Now for most people.. yes, this would suck. But not only am I sick with this normal people crap. I still have to manage all my rare crap. I still had to wake up from my Nquil coma to change my benadryl bag. I still have to make sure I'm taking all of my dreaded potassium plus more to stay on top of the sickness. I am allergic to almost every anti nausea medication so I was on my own on that front. The antibiotics they gave me need to be taken four times a day. Being sick and then normal people sick on top of it just wears on your body, both mentally and physically. I think I have finally turned a corner and am on the upswing of things. Hopefully. But this is just a good reminder to everyone, chronically ill or not, wash your hands and stay home if you're contagious. None of us want to deal with this. 

With Love, 
Elizabeth <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Choose Happy

“ Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For ...