Friday, February 16, 2018

Meet Melvin 3.0


"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."
-Hebrews 13:8

     While on my vacation this past weekend my IV Pump (Melvin) decided to get a little weird. It would start beeping with an error code of "Error: Stuck 7 key" and wouldn't do anything unless I turned it off and then back on again. The 7 key was never stuck but this happened two times over the weekend. And then during class on Tuesday night it did it again. Except just turning it off and back on again didn't help. I had to take the batteries out while it was still running put them back in and then turn it off and back on again. This process happened twice during class. 
     That night I called the 24 hour Coram assist line. They connected me to the on call nurse who tried to walk me through troubleshooting it. Unfortunately, we pushed one to many wrong buttons and Melvin decided to just flat out quit. So the Coram angels got to work. They programmed a brand new pump and sent it out to me two hours later. At 9:30pm I made the switch, said goodbye to Melvin 2.0 and said hello to Melvin 3.0. 
     So far so good. I was able to connect to the new pump and restart my infusion without missing a beat. The courier took my old IV Pump back to the Coram pharmacy for me. I was extremely impressed on how quick they were able to help me fix the problem! Hopefully this new pump will last a little longer than the old one. 

With Love, 
Elizabeth <3 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Choose Happy

“ Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For ...